DEMAND ENERGY TRANSPARENCY NOW!
The world agrees that a changing climate is affecting our modern way of life, and big picture solutions are required to tackle those challenges. However, big picture solutions also require big dollar investments and a robust discussion of those investment priorities. That is why the lack of transparency in New Jersey is deeply troubling. When Governor Murphy called for the implementation of the Energy Master Plan two years ago, NJ residents were told cost estimates were forthcoming and members of the administration said publicly they “hoped” to release a ratepayer impact study before April 1, 2020.
Despite these “hopes” in the two years since we have seen:
- Legislative Leaders say “there’s no way the state will meet the goals of the EMP”
- Reports released estimating costs between $525 billion to $757 billion
- Numerous articles written about delays in releasing costs and lack of transparency from the NJBPU
- A rejection of AENJ’s OPRA request for costs
- The Governor was directly questioned about the cost impact of the EMP on multiple occasions and has still provided no clear answer
While we have continued to see delay after delay, what we haven’t seen is anything related to the actual costs of the Energy Master Plan from the NJBPU and administration responsible for implementing it. Despite the lack of cost data, the administration continues to accelerate implementation of the EMP in reaction to unrealistic demands and now a misguided law suit by Radical Environmental Lobbyists.Residents of New Jersey are on the hook to pay billions – and some estimates more than a trillion dollars – for policies that will not solve the climate crisis or meet our states energy demands
TAKE ACTION NOW & SIGN THE PETITION
TO DEMAND TRANSPARENCY NOW!